BOREAL saws are revolutionary folding bow saws that effortlessly unfolds in seconds for easy, high performance cuts. The 15" blade length is optimally sized for powerful sawing strokes, and yet short enough for packability. And the 3 hinged trapezium-shaped frame allows large diameter cuts. The blade safely folds into the frame when not in use, protecting you and your gear.
- Opens in seconds with one smooth motion - because it's one connected assembly - so there's no fumbling with loose parts
- Blade tensioning is automatic, reproducible and set to provide optimal sawing performance every time
- No need to touch the saw blade during opening and closing. Saw teeth are completely concealed protecting you and your gear.
- High clearance geometry
- Simple and fast blade replacement - no special tools required
- Grip handle angle is designed to optimize stroke power vs saw balance
- Grip handle is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort
- Grip handle material made of durable and weather resistant nylon
- Framing made of high strength extruded and anodized aluminum (no twisting) with all stainless steel hardware
- Light weight
ALL PURPOSE / GREEN WOOD
This medium toothed blade has a double pointed raker between sets of cutting teeth, which clears the cutting notch of wood chips and fiber. This popular style cuts green wood but is right at home cutting dry hard and soft woods. Rust protective coating and hardened points make this versatile blade perfect for most uses.
USE & SAFETY
BOREAL saws have been designed with safety as a high priority. In the closed position, blade points are concealed within the saw frame, making packing and handling easy. Also, the one-piece design allows for folding, unfolding and tensioning while only holding the saw handle and plastic pivot arm - no need to contact the blade. However, when the BOREAL is open, the exposed blade points are extremely sharp and the saw must be handled with care.