NOTE: NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS OF THIS PRODUCT AT THIS TIME.
Hults Bruk has been making the world's finest axes since 1697. Every axe is expertly hand-forged and -crafted, a time-honored tradition preserved by Hults Bruk craftsmen. In 2015, these legendary axes were made available in North America.
The Hults Bruk Almike is a small all-purpose hatchet.
A perfect sized hatchet for camping, cutting small firewood, and fine carving. The Almike is a life long all-purpose tool for the garden, camp or wilderness survival. Featuring a classic turpentine pattern axe head intended for tasks such as making kindling, doing light clearing and any number of backcountry jobs. The axe can be worn on a belt or easily tucked into a backpack. This item has an axe head weight of one pound and a handle length of 16 inches.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
- Overall Weight: 1 3/4 lbs.
- Head Weight: 1 lb.
- Handle Length: 16"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory