NOTE: NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS OF THIS PRODUCT AT THIS TIME.
Hults Bruk has been making the world's finest axes since 1697. Every axe is expertly hand-forged and -crafted, a time-honored tradition preserved by Hults Bruk craftsmen. In 2015, these legendary axes were made available in North America.
The Hults Bruk American Felling Axe by Dave Canterbury is an American-style, straight-handled axe.
Felling large trees the traditional way is an art requiring skill and a proper axe. Understanding the features of a tool, and the tool’s intended purpose, are key elements to consider when creating the perfect woodsman’s axe. By meticulously pairing the right style of axe head with the right kind of handle, the American Felling Axe drops dense, large sized trees effectively, allowing the user to work longer without tiring. Featuring a straight, 32-inch American hickory handle to reduce wrist pivoting on the swing and a renowned, reliable Montreal pattern axe head. Useful for more than just felling, the pattern features wide cheeks for splitting and a long, razor sharp bit for felling, bucking and processing wood.
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
- The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
- Overall Weight: 5 lbs.
- Head Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Handle Length: 32"
- Head: Solid Swedish steel
- Handle: Solid American Hickory